Today was my first try at Slow Rolls. I was told before the lesson that this would be the hardest manoeuvre I’d ever learn. I can see why now.
The edited video below these highlights (lowlights) of the flight:
- A ‘fast’ slow roll with full aileron trying to keep the flightpath steady
- Matt demonstrating the same thing (done correctly)
- A slightly better looking slow roll but still nose too low
- The worst one – not getting round at all and bugging out before we end up nose low
- A better first quarter but then dropping the nose again
Key learning – I am being a wimp with the rudder. MORE RUDDER! I need to be more positive on the controls. Great fun, but definitely need some more practice.